Hereunder are the top 10 things I like about 2010...
1. Spending Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day on Pulau Mamutik. We took our tent "Hurley" abroad for the first time and camped on this island overnight. Stroke of midnight, we faintly heard the fireworks set off from mainland Kota Kinabalu as they welcomed the new year.
I was two months pregnant then. I guess we could count it as baby's first ever camping trip.
2. Seeing Proboscis Monkeys for the third time, and lots of them at the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary in Sandakan, Malaysian Borneo. They're my fave creatures on earth (pandas are in second place)!
It's way better to watch them in the wild like what we did in Brunei and Bako National Park (Sarawak, Malaysia), but seeing them in a big group like this definitely makes me ecstatic too.
3. Rode a habal-habal on a bumpy road in Valencia, Negros Oriental to see the Casaroro Falls. For a preggy chick in her first term, this is such big risk and I made sure our motorcycle driver's aware of my situation. Or else.
By the way, to get to the falls, you need to go through 300 plus steps of descent and ascent. Imagine how bushed I was.
4. Hubby's birthday at Salagdoong Beach in Siquijor. We were feeling celebratory so we agreed to pay P800 for a room in Hotel Agripino.
It was worth it though for we were their only guests for two days!
5. Hiking, chasing the seven waterfalls in Mambukal Mountain Resort, Negros Occidental.
I know I've done a lot of crazy things while pregnant, but this one's the extremest of them all.
6. Revisited Manila Zoo after 26 years! Four and a half months preggy and playing with a Burmese Python. Notice the snake getting too comfy resting between my legs?
This is one photo I am very excited to show Luna when she's grown up.
7. Quezon camping trip with Pinoy Couchsurfers.
Since I (at five months pregnant) was the one who organized the trip, our itinerary mainly composed of eating (awesome menu by Vista Playa!) and beaching in Borawan and Dampalitan.
7. Babymooning on Magalawa Island, Zambales. The horrifying almost 6-hour, 1 stopover bus ride was traumatizing for my urinary bladder.
It was my last out of town trip before giving birth, for I was already approaching my third term.
8. Our newborn Luna's first road trip to Baguio. We didn't really do anything out of the ordinary during our stay but hubby liked the city and we decided to move here. Our wandering family's first temporary home.
This is also my mom's first appearance on my blog. We rarely travel together these days.
Since we live in Baguio, it's possible for us to do a day trip to a mountain resort in Tuba, Benguet. Getting there's Luna's first jeep ride ever.
We celebrated at the resort our second dating anniversary. Yup, it's been two years since hubby and I officially became a couple, and a backpacking duo.
10. Surfing in La Union, our 1st wedding anniversary shindig. Okay, I wasn't really able to surf (hubby did) because of my monthly thingy plus I needed to watch over Luna, but beaching again after 5 months and giving birth is da bomb!
We took an ordinary public bus back to Baguio, thank goodness Luna didn't go nuts. She actually slept the whole 2-hour trip.
It's never gonna be easy (and as cheap) again, now that we're backpacking as a family. But I'm happy with this new cumbersome arrangement for it shall bring me trickier challenges, new insights, and triple fun memories.
I say, this is the good life! Cheers to the coming 2011!
This page was viewed times.